The Difference Between CP12 Certification And Landlord Gas Safety In South West London.

  • Home
  • The Difference Between CP12 Certification And Landlord Gas Safety In South West London.

As a landlord, you’re required to possess all rented property checked, but it isn’t always clear what these checks include. By law, landlords must require a CP12 certificate for their residential gas safety and must have a gas safety performed after every season. While this might still seem confusing, keep reading, and this information will start to create more sense!

What Is A CP12 Certificate?

Certification for Landlord Gas Safety in South West London in the technical term is called a CP12 certificate. CP12 = CORGI Performa 12). This relates to when CORGI was the authoritative body for gas safety within the UK. The Gas Safe Register replaced this CORGI Performa, but the name ‘CP12’ is still being used for the residential gas safety certification. Before 2009, gas engineers had to be CORGI-registered whereas, now, they need to air the Gas Safe register.

What Are Landlord Gas Safety Certificates?

CP12 certificates or Landlord Gas Safety in South West London are both the same thing and have similar legal requirements.

However, the gas safety requirements demand all landlords get their gas appliances serviced annually to make sure they’re safe and efficient. When these checks are carried out, you may receive a CP12 certificate stating that your gas appliances are checked within the last 12 months by a safe gas engineer and are perfectly operational.

New tenants must be supplied with a duplicate of the certificate before they move in, and that they must be provided to existing tenants 28 days after their completion. Furthermore, if tenants have acquired any regular or Emergency Boiler Repairs in Putney, the certification needs to be updated as well.

– The landlord gas safety certificates are only legally issued under the supervision and authority of a safe gas engineer.

– It would help if you kept all of your old CP12s as it assures your diligence towards the value of your property for a minimum of two years after they were issued.

Install Carbon Monoxide Gas Alarms For Gas Safety

As a landlord, you need to install full working and tested carbon monoxide gas alarms in kitchens and area where you’ve installed your gas boiler. As the coal, oil, and gas, produces carbon monoxides, these alarms will alert when the quality of air turns hazardous so you could evacuate timely. Also, it indicated that a gas appliance is malfunctioning, and you can hire Emergency Boiler Repairs in Putney to handle the situation.

Landlord’s Responsibilities For Gas Safety:

  • Only allow gas safe registered engineers to install, maintain or service any gas appliances in your house.
  • Only allow gas safe registered engineers to perform the annual gas safety check on all gas appliances.
  • Always provide tenants with a copy of the CP12 certificate before they move in the premises.
  • Show tenants the gas valve location and their operation in case of emergencies.

The Best Way To Get CP12 Certification:

To get your premises inspected with Landlord Gas Safety in South West London, call Acorn’s Hotline and book your appointment now.